Tuesday 29 January 2008

That "Early Sunday Morning" is what I am Waiting For !

Have u ever felt tears rolling down your eyes and you heart sinking with every word you typed..
that’s how I feel since Abhi left for his week long business trip after a gap of 2 long months …

it was diappointing… seeing his itenary in my mailbox…
then watching him pack up while I just made sure hez carried his thermal wear … a book to read and whatever else I can think of at that sad point of time…

I just detest the feeling I have when we climb down the stairs and I walk slowly behind him wishing so much that he doesn’t go…
but just as I get to the gate I see the car waiting and walk up reluctantly to leave his bags and hug him in the hope that these 8 days fly by within no time …
finally I see him wave me good bye … and the moment I turn my back my step feels so heavy and my heart bleeds in loneliness...

Teary Eyed i am but i keep myself from crying and tell myself to get on with life…
Afterall its just a matter of a few days instead of thinking it’s a long week …
Sunddenly the entire house seems so empty … nothing makes sense ..

and you wish so much that you could tread along with him .. even inspite of knowing you too have a job to do and cannot be accompanying your husband whose itenary reads like 7 cities 3 countries in 8 days …

I thought I had enough of trying to play a brave heart when I am actually not one …
but I still try to picture the morning when Abhi would be here.. just to lift my spirits…

when his flight lands at the Mumbai airport and he makes his 1st brief call to say “ I am back !!“ :) then I wait for him to get out of the plane, finish collecting his luggage and take to the expressway …he stops by to grab a bite and calls me to inform me of the time he would be home..

I am still half asleep … and then therez that noise of those wheels when he drags his luggage and holds a bag of chocolates … as I instantly jump out of bed to look down from the window … :)
then proceed to switch on the geyser for a hot shower he has …just in time to hear my mobile ring again and then my heart starts racing when he says “I am here” … :)

I rush to the door to hug him tight after a gap of a long 8 days that seemed like weeks on end …
he stands there leaving aside his luggage to hold me in his arms smiling and kissing me on the forehead …as if trying to tell me “I am here … never to go back leaving you alone .. ”
that is the “Early Sunday Morning” I am waiting for …

- sayli..

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sayli dear ....you made me sad too...after reading this, i really pray that you both be together, no matter what...tc....

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was really touching !! & i totally share each & every one of those emotions right now !! since this is the very first time i have been away from Satyan, all those heart wrenching words emotions were heightened as i read thru.... such a co-incidence but Satyan's gonna be back on sunday too :-)

    ReplyDelete