Monday 23 June 2008

Life's Little off Moments :( !!!

Well, its been over 2 months since I took a sabbatical before Abhi n Me landed in UK on the 31st of May'08. Its been quite an experience. I've learned to value free time and not just while it away. There were a couple of things that kept me busy, with Yoga and the Gym taking priority over others! That was a time I had an opportunity to meet up with other full time Home Makers - newly married and even Mothers to new borns.

Each woman in her own way was struggling to come to terms with change. Be it trying to fit into those old trousers or the estacy of weighing even 700 grams lesser - accepting herself the way she was at that point in time always seemed a struggle for her. And I wondered ... are we born to act like this!

Yes - Me Included !! I mean the only reason I took a break from work before shifting base was to do all the things I had ever wanted to and complained of not having enough time to do them while I worked full time. But the truth was - I always had enough time !

I dint have to rush to work or battle traffic jams to get home late at night, was ofcourse, the best part about this little holiday I was having! I always envied full time homemakers. Thinking how much time they have for themselves to rearrange their wardrobe or even exercise or go out for a movie.

But I as a career woman too did enjoy those pleasures - the only difference being - enjoyment became a need rather than a luxury. And rightly so, I do not value the experience of going for a movie now, as much as I did when I'd go for a movie on a Friday night after a week of hard work at office. It was like this rewarding and a truly enjoyable experience. Now it is more of - ya I am going for a movie kind of a thing...

I craved for a holiday outing once every quarter and no it din't have to be an expensive place far away from home. But even a weekend away to some place nice would have me ticking till our next vacation ! Now, every day seems like a holiday - I hate That !! I don't have the urge to plan on our next vacation together - cause I am not occupied with work or neither do I feel stressed out to desparately want a holiday!

However, I still have people telling me - "Its Summers !! the best time to be here ! Njoy yourself to the fullest - you'll never get this time back !" But the truth is, I feel I don't deserve to njoy in the presence of an absolute absence of occupation !!!

I do not know what sets me apart from the rest of my girl friends who are having a jolly good time being full time homemakers for years on end - be it India or Abroad! But well, I think God Made me a lil different ! And now, I hope even he realises this and helps me find some work to do !!

Well one thing is for sure - no sabbaticals for me anymore !! "Work + Sayli A. Yadav" would be together till Death Does us Part !!

2 comments:

  1. I was feeling damn sleepy and lazy as usual after close to 3 weeks of high stress work. I need to get the momentum back on but I guess God made me this way....absolutely lazzzyy! But this post charged me up for the moment! From now on any time I am ready to doze away at work, I ll open this post for some instant inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But truly, Summers the only time you can do anything in UK. Come October and you will be dead irritated wearing heavy jackets and probably carrying an umbrella cause you never know when it'd rain!

    ReplyDelete