Wednesday 2 February 2011

The Closet - Organize It !

While there are numerous ways in which every woman would organize her closet - To Segregate is the key and herez the way I do it (but I am so all ears to hear about an improvised version, so pen in your tips too). Also a top-down approach to arranging, topmost being the items that you frequently wear and bottom most being the ones you wear occasionally.

1: Exercise Gear:

a) Track Suits
b) Swimwear

2: Night Wear:
a) :) whatever that means to you ! :) ;)

3: Work@Home Mom Wear:
a) Harrom Pants
b) Tees to match

4: Casuals:
a) Daily Wear - Jeans, Tees, Leggings, Tunics
b) Holiday Wear - Camisoles, Tops, Shorts, Skirts, Casual/Day Dresses, Cotton Trousers, Capris etc...

5: Evening Wear:
a) Embellished Kurtis
b) Cocktail Dresses
c) Maxi Dresses
d) Evening Dresses (My version of "I am Red Carpet Ready Gowns" :) )
e) Prom Dresses / Ball Gowns (I obviously own neither of the two but this could be a category in your closet if you have still kept that prom dress or attend ball room dances) ;)

6: Formals:

A formal suit ideally works best as a complete set (waist coat + blazer + pencil skirt + trousers + dress)
There are numerous ways in which each can be put together to give you a feel of variety dressing.

This would also include Salwar Kameezes and Sarees that you would wear to the office and no place else.

7: Sarees:
I always, yes, always "used to" wear sarees for ceremonies and they are categorized purely by occassion (and if you live in the same city as your huge friend circle and relatives there'll be aplenty)

a) engagements
b) weddings
c) receptions
d) family dinners
e) baby showers / naming ceremonies / festivals / other family events

8: Summer/Winter Jackets & Coats:
Unfortunately have to make place in Abhi's and AVANI's closet :p :)

9: Sweaters/Cardigans/Shawls - again of which I own a countable few are folded away out of sight since jackets is what gets worn 9 months out of the 12 that I live here in the UK ! :(

10: Drawers:
Hold all the etcs..

11: On 3 hangers go the following accessories:

a) Stoles
b) Mufflers
c) Belts
d) Scarves - again of which I have None ! :) ;)

Sadly, I still haven't learnt how to use scarves with any outfit - hopefully I will save that for one of you to teach me :)

3 comments:

  1. What the ! I read somewhere that Albert Einstein used "one single soap bar" for bathing and shaving to keep things 'simple'! And though I couldn't make heads or tails of relativity, I do follow his modus operandi :) I didn't even realise there were all those varieties of garments available...leave alone organising them. You know sometimes you really scare me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may sound like I have OCD, but I promise I don't :)! Ur organizational strategy is really good and very similar to mine. To make it more easier (or crazier to some :-)) I segregate one level further, such as for tops, (after being sorted into party, casual, home etc) I'll arrange them into 3 piles - sleeveless, 3/4th or short sleeved, full sleeves. sleeveless is again divided into halters, tubes, one shoulder etc. Just makes them easier to spot when u want to mix n match. As for scarves (that'll be ur next b'day gift BTW:-), u can use it on any V-necked top/sweater. Sometimes a thin stole can also double up as a chunkier scarf on casual outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you figured out how to wear scarfs (which outfit, which type of scarf, etc)?! When you are back, lets get together and try it out; even i want to learn it :)

    ReplyDelete